Benefits of Becoming a Member
Education and Professional Development
- Conferences: By being a member of SIA, you will receive the membership discounted rate to attend SIA’s conferences, workshops and luncheons, where you will learn about the latest regulatory updates in trade controls and compliance, be able to interact with colleagues and others in industry, as well as interface with government participants.
- Certification: Attendance at SIA conferences may enhance your career and learning requirements by qualifying for continuing education credits,depending upon the jurisdiction and jurisdiction-specific requirements.
- Leadership Opportunities: Volunteering for SIA extends leadership opportunities in the Trade Controls and Compliance network, SIA Board, and provides an opportunity to give back to the trade community in a meaningful way.
- Networking: Members can engage in discussion with other members on various interests, topics, issues, and trends through SIA membership related events, as well as develop professional and personal relationship with fellow members,industry and government participants.
- Newsletters: Members receive a monthly newsletter that updates them on upcoming conferences, workshops and other SIA events, as well as recent trade compliance related updates.
- Scholarships: SIA is committed to growing and educating the trade community. One way it does this is through our annual scholarship that is awarded to college and graduate students interested in a career international trade compliance. As members, mentorship opportunities are welcomed here.