Company: Sierra Nevada Corporation
Address: 444 Salmon Circle | Sparks, NV 89434
Apply at the Company Website
General Job Description: The International Trade Compliance & Training (C&T) Analyst supports the International Trade Compliance Office (ITCO) in issuance of export and import policies, procedures, methods, operating practices and functional performance standards to facilitate effective implementation within program objectives and requirements for Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), to include the requirements contained in the Arms Export Control Act, Export Administration Act, International Emergency Economic Powers, US Customs regulations and certain foreign customs regulations. The C&T function ensures all enterprise personnel are trained effectively on international trade regulations, thereby instilling individuals with the knowledge and responsibility for compliance. C&T is dedicated to providing knowledge and awareness to empower the enterprise toward compliant operations- engaging programs, business areas, and corporate functions on best practices and remedial measures to mitigate risk through targeted assessments and investigations when necessary.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist in developing, managing, and maintaining compliance with policies, procedures, and instructions for compliance with import and export laws, regulations, administrative practices, and supply chain security
- Maintain, file, review, and verify import, export, and supply chain compliance records in accordance with governmental regulations and SNC authorizations
- Oversee verification of SNC’s trade compliance program through assessments, spot checks, investigations, and resulting disclosures- further coordinating with International Programs and USG Enforcement (DDTC, OFAC, BIS, Customs, Census) to ensure compliance priorities are effectively managed and best practices are implemented
- Manage entries within OCR Compliance Module to ensure active tracking of assigned Corrective Actions
- Support the mitigation of risk to SNC in the Merger & Acquisition (M&A) process for potential owned or controlled entities through the verification of trade compliance practices
- Collaborate across ITCO functions and the enterprise to identify gaps and implement process improvements to promote customer-focused, compliance-driven international operations
- Identify, develop, facilitate, and oversee trade compliance training programs internally for ITCO and externally for enterprise personnel
- Produce and coordinate communications and associated outreach (‘marketing’) for ITCO
- Develop and manage outreach platforms as training tools and one-stop shops for reference documents, regulatory updates, and relevant information
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours Perform other work-related duties as assigned.COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external).ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- 2-3 years of experience in International Trade Compliance (ITAR & EAR Licensing experience preferred)
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain, current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.