Address: 5 Radnor Corporate Center
100 Matsonford Rd, Suite 550
Radnor, IL 19087
Company/Job URL: https://www.nouryon.com/vacancies/190001uj/
Job Title: Global Trade Compliance Manager
Reports to:: Chief Compliance Officer
General Job Description: The Global Trade Compliance Manager is responsible for the execution of Nouryon’s ongoing Global Trade Compliance (GTC) Program in compliance with export and import laws and regulations in all countries where Nouryon operates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for global trade compliance that supports global business objectives and satisfies international legal requirements both imports and exports.
- Provides advice and guidance to senior leadership and company personnel on the application of government import and export regulations for the countries in which Nouryon operates (U.S., EU, Brazil, China, etc).
- Responsible for the current in place trade compliance staff and establishing a future state compliance structure / network across the regions.
- Serve as the company’s primary liaison with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Bureau of Industry and Security, and other applicable government agencies relative to import and export control.
- Partner with corporate functions such as Finance, Tax, Research & Development, Operations and all Nouryon sites to ensure that personnel in all functions understand Import / Export compliance as it relates to their work. Specifically, ensures the integration of necessary GTC work activities into other functions' work streams to deliver compliance reliability and coordinates supply chain risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate with business units to ensure compliance with local, regional and global trade compliance requirements.
- Support internal and external audit commitments including assessments, requests for information, process enhancements, and corrective actions.
- Support M&A due diligence.
- Responsible for leading the development of and ensuring adequate training is provided to all internal and external stakeholders on relevant international regulations.
- Provide guidance with regard to content origin for all preferential treatment, domestic content, and Free Trade Agreement programs and regularly review and validate HTS classifications, duty drawback opportunities, and trade program eligibility.
- Act as the primary internal interface for regulatory changes that affect trade compliance; Set appropriate company import and export policies and disseminate this information to appropriate functions within the organization.
- Perform other duties assigned as needed.
- BA/BS Degree required.
- 10+ years of experience working in and establishing import/export compliance systems with international responsibilities.
- Must qualify as a “U.S. Person” as defined in the ITAR and EAR.
- Expert understanding of U.S. trade regulations (ITAR, EAR, OFACE, etc.).
- Strong understanding of LATAM, APAC, and EU regulations.
- Experience working with international customs and export control laws highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering trade compliance training to international stakeholders.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, domestically and internationally, as required.