7821 Orion Avenue | Van Nuys, CA 91406 | (818) 901-2452
Trade Compliance Manager
General Job Description
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue.
The Electronic Systems Segment is seeking a qualified candidate to join the Harris Trade Compliance team as a Trade Compliance Senior Specialist. This individual will be responsible for providing Trade Compliance support to the Electronic Systems segment or a subordinate Business Unit, this includes but is not limited to:
- Interpreting U.S. trade regulations (ITAR, EAR, OFAC, ATF and Customs) and providing necessary guidance to internal customers.
- Interfacing with Program Managers, internal functions (Human Resources, Supply Chain, Information Systems, etc.) and senior leadership to ensure all work processes are in compliance U.S. Trade regulations.
- Drafting, submitting and managing export licenses, technical assistance agreements, commodity jurisdiction and classification requests, as required to support business initiatives.
- Reviewing and approving international shipments, foreign travel, incoming foreign visitors, release of technology and technical data, to ensure compliance with applicable U.S. regulations and Harris policies and procedures.
- Providing ad hoc export training.
- Assisting with internal audits.
- Reporting violations to the Electronic Systems Empowered Official.
- Drafting voluntary self-disclosures as needed.
Business travel required: 10%
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Engineering, 6+ years of relevant experience and practical knowledge in:
- U.S. trade regulations (ITAR, EAR, OFAC and Customs) with demonstrated prior experience working in a trade compliance role.
- Use of D-Trade, SNAP-R and ACE.
- International shipping and Customs procedures.
- Use of license exemption and exceptions.
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint.
- Export classification of goods, services and information and product database management.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proficiency in OCR export administration and licensing software.
- Knowledgeable in Radar technology.
- Knowledgeable in Foreign Military Sales (FMS).
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Exhibits a high attention to detail, integrity and discretion.