Company: IOMAX USA INC
Address: 133 RIVER PARK ROAD | MOORESVILLE, NC 28117
EMAIL RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Job Description: The Compliance Licensing Officer (CLO)facilitates IOMAX business by managing end-to-end licensing efforts compliant with the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Primary actions consist of initiating, implementing and maintaining IOMAX trade licensing respective to Department of State (DoS) - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), Department of Commerce (DoC) - Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), Department of Defense – Foreign Military Sales, and Department of the Treasury (TREAS) - Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) regulations. The CLO has primary responsibility for regulatory trade licensing, agreement and amendment authoring, submission, tracking, execution, continuity, and archiving through record expiration. The CLO functions as a corporate Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) in regard to applications for, and management of, Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs), Manufacturing License Agreements (MLAs), Warehouse Distribution Agreements (WDAs), and trade licensing. The CLO must monitor case status of all current, existing and maturing trade licensing to ensure corporate regulatory compliance. The CLO works as required cross-functionally to determine licensing requirements, approval timelines and remediation. The CLO interacts internally with Business Development (BD), Program Management, Engineering, Aviation Operations, Production, Corporate Support Operations, Supply Chain Management and Executive Offices for data extraction requirements to author, finalize, submit, execute, monitor and close trade licensing. The CLO must provide expert insight respective to successful achievement of licensing approvals per business strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Author, submit, monitor and manage all IOMAX licensing and permits relative to international trade.
- Maintain policies and procedures for Compliance Program.
- Assist with due diligence screening and risk analysis, as required.
- Assist with onboarding training for new employees / independent contractors, as well as remedial training for personnel, as required.
- Conduct periodic audits as necessary. Outsource resources when required.
- Assist in the investigation of incidents to review, resolve and disclose as necessary.
- Secondary briefing responsibility for customer visits, Business Development (BD) functions, customer compliance training and Program Management Office (PMO).
- May require direct supervision of Compliance department personnel.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be a U.S. lawful and permanent resident per 22 CFR 120.15 and 8 USC 1101(a)(20) and 8 USC 1324b(a)(3) to maintain Empowered Official status per 22 CFR 120.25.
- A bachelor's degree and at least 3 -5 years of experience, or military experience, or the equivalent combination thereof.
- Knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), FCPA, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and U.S Customs regulations; Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), a plus.
INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be willing to be subjected to a background investigation to determine suitability for employment at IOMAX. Continued employment is contingent upon favorable adjudication of periodic reinvestigations.
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Proven experience with Direct Commercial Sale (DCS) licensing actions, end-to-end.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Exposure to multiple U.S. cross-regulatory international traffic regimes.
- Intermediate PC knowledge in Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Microsoft® Office.
- Independent and objective, with a strong ability to stay organized and reach solutions under demanding circumstances.
- Requires excellent research, reasoning, organization, team building and social skills.
- High proficiency in interpreting the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the FCPA and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) obligations.