Company: Lockheed Martin Missile and Fire Controls
Address: 5600 Sand Lake Road | Orlando, FL 32819
Click here to apply on the company website
General Job Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a Senior International Licensing Analyst for a position in Orlando, FL. The ideal candidate has strong working knowledge and experience with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), writes well, is detail-oriented, and is self-directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and manage export licenses, technical assistance agreements, manufacturing license agreements, and commodity jurisdiction and classification requests to support program execution and new business opportunities. Provide guidance and ensure compliance with exemption and exception usage, terms and conditions of approved export authorizations and research/interpret complex U.S. Government regulations such as the ITAR and EAR.
- Proactively collaborate and partner with program managers, internal functions and senior leadership to define licensing requirements and prepare export authorization applications as well as proviso reconsiderations in compliance with the ITAR and EAR.
- Plan and coordinate import/export activities, including the flow of traffic to/from foreign destinations, related customer service, brokerage and customs transactions.
- Review and approve international shipments, foreign travel, incoming foreign visitors, release of technology and technical data, and procurement requests to ensure compliance with applicable U.S. regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Conduct export/import compliance training.
- Participate and support compliance plans and projects, export and import tool enhancements and process improvements.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Must have ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Detailed knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Control Regulations (EAR)
- Knowledge of export/import practices and industry practices.
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to communicate complicated issues (legal or technical) into easy to understand language.
- Experienced with solving complex problems using collaborative techniques.
- Flexible team player with ability to multi-task and work independently with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Government contracting practices, Direct Commercial Sales (DCS), Foreign Military Sales (FMS), the Low Observable/Counter Low Observable (LO/CLO) Directive, and the National Disclosure Policy (NDP-1).
- Background in engineering or experience with product classifications and Export Control Reform are highly desired.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing.