Company: Caliber Sales Engineering LLC
To Apply: email@example.com
5371 North Hiatus Road
Sunrise, FL 33351
Reports to: VP of Operations
General Job Description: Export Compliance Specialist for the daily activities in the area of trade compliance, licensing, and logistics/forwarding.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all export control matters; analyze and interpret U.S. Export Control Laws and regulations.
- Research and analyze classifications of commodities under both EAR and ITAR; classify commerce and defense items under the CCL and the USML.
- Assemble information required for federal license submittals, certifications, and determinations; prepare, draft and submit export license applications, Commodity Jurisdiction requests, and other export compliance documents via DTrade.
- Participate in Export Compliance training seminars and conferences.
- Work with Freight Forwarders to clear incoming shipments from Customs.
- Work with Warehouse Logistics Manager to ensure Export shipments are made on time and all license related shipments are shipped in cull compliance and in coordination with GFF.
- Work with Warehouse Manager to ensure any Hazmat shipments are exported appropriately.
- Preparation of shipping documents.
- Review all export documentation, Invoice, Packing List, CofC, etc., to ensure proper documentation of export classification information.
- Work closely with Freight Forwarders in both Import and Export of materials.
- Experience in Aviation / Defense
- Knowledge and experience in International shipping, both Imports and Exports.
- Knowledge of ITAR (US State Department), EAR US Commerce Department), and Customs Regulations
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in classifying commodities and applying for export license.
- Experience in Pentagon Software Systems a plus.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Strong and engaging interpersonal communications skills, both verbal and written.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and display good time management.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must display Cultural Sensitivity and work as a team. Our company conducts a thorough reference / background check and drug screening on all prospective employees. Employment with our organization is contingent upon successful completion of these background and drug screenings.