Click here to apply
General Job Description
Responsible for compliance with trade compliance laws and regulations as established by the United States, Canada, and other countries, as applicable, for the StandardAero Components Sector. Preferred location for this position is in our Cincinnati Ohio facility, but will consider our facility in San Antonio, TX.
Ensures the compliance of import and export of products and technical information and other related trade compliance matters.
Supports the Legal Department and U.S. Trade Compliance function in advocating trade compliance as a business tool through education and continuous improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with trade compliance regulations and requirements for the StandardAero Components Sector.
- Maintains positive working relationships and actively cooperates with internal and external customers, business partners, and applicable government agencies, to execute trade compliance best practices, procedures, work instructions, and manuals.
- Implements the policies and procedures contained in the respective Import & Export Compliance Manuals and other internal compliance publications for the Components Sector, across multiple facilities in the U.S., Canada, Romania, and Singapore.
- Provides support, regulatory interpretation and guidance in the following areas, to include but not limited to: Product Classification, Export Licensing and Controls, Use and Transfer of Technical Data, Import/Export Documentation, Customs Clearance, Tariff/Schedule B Classification, Sanctions and Denied Party Lists, Broker Management, Incoterms and other trade compliance related topics as requested.
- Assists the U.S. Trade Compliance function with external and internal audits and risk assessments.
- Assists/leads investigations in areas of non-compliance and executes on root causes and corrective actions to ensure compliance.
- Develops and delivers compliance training as required to various groups within the company, to include senior leadership. Initiates efforts to continuously improve the trade compliance knowledge of our internal customers at all levels.
- Ensures export and import record-keeping and reporting requirements are met.
- Acts as a liaison with the respective trade compliance regulatory agencies, as applicable.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent to completion of a university (bachelor) program in International Business, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Must be willing to travel (35%) domestic and international.
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics
- Minimum 5 years of experience in trade compliance and an import/export environment, required
- Experience in the defense industry and familiarity with the EAR and/or ITAR required
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, analyze, and assimilate regulations and technical documents.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels within the organization
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace and high-demanding environment.