Company: Lockheed Martin Corporation | Click here to apply
General Job Description
The future incumbent will part of a team responsible for ensuring that the world’s largest defense contractor is compliant with USG export/import regulations. This position is for an experienced export licensing professional, with an in-depth understanding of USG export laws, regulations and licensing processes under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and Export Administration Regulations. As a member of the Lockheed Martin Corporate International Trade Compliance Office, serves within the Corporate Legal Department of the Lockheed Martin corporate headquarters organization. Requires an articulate, detail-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in groups, including with remote clients, with little manager direction, oversight, and guidance.
Duties include serving as a backup to others in a cooperative teamwork environment. Competitive candidates are experienced career professionals with at least 10 years professional experience, and at least 4 years export licensing experience with extensive experience and understanding of USG export laws, regulations and licensing review process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Incumbent participates remotely with business units in the development of export licensing strategies.
- Provides guidance to business unit export personnel on export licensing requirements, applicability of exemptions, and potential policy issues associated with international defense business.
- Uses considerable knowledge, experience, and ingenuity to provide project leadership with regard to business unit export strategies.
- Reviews draft export license applications and provides guidance to ensure consistency with US regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Acts as a liaison between business unit program and export licensing personnel and U.S. Government license reviewers.
- Maintains frequent contact with USG personnel and internal business unit clients.
- Coordinates with Departments of State, Commerce and Defense, arranges and attends meetings as required to resolve export licensing, policy and regulatory issues.
- Communicates with a wide range of USG and business unit personnel, including at the senior level when required, to resolve complex and significant matters.
- Plays a key role in technical meetings concerning proposed international business and defense sales.
- Provides training on the interpretation and implementation of U.S. export laws and regulations.
- Generates ideas to improve international trade compliance policies and procedures, and leads functional teams to carry out those improvements.
- Assists and supports the Director, Export Operations, as required, to implement the Corporation’s international trade compliance program.
- Experienced export licensing professional with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- In-depth knowledge, understanding and experience interpreting and applying U.S. export regulations and licensing guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task and discern priorities.
- Must be able to effectively interface with all levels of employees, from corporate executives to junior level staff.
- Competent IT user skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite).
- Familiarity with export controls relating to foreign military sales; Engineering, or operational military experience with defense articles.
- Analytical skills working with database reports in Microsoft Excel.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about. As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics
At least 10 years professional experience. At least 4 years export licensing experience with extensive experience and understanding of USG export laws, regulations and licensing review process.