900 Flower Glen St
Simi Valley, CA 93065
TO APPLY: mailto:email@example.com
Job Title: Trade Compliance Specialist II
General Job Description: We are currently seeking a Trade Compliance Specialist II to join our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Director of Trade Compliance, the primary responsibility of this position is to be a strong individual contributor to the AeroVironment Trade Compliance function and organization. Responsible for performing the day to day activities required to operate a fully effective export compliance program to ensure company compliance with US regulatory and internal policy requirements relating to export licensing, exemption usage, export training and recordkeeping.
- Export licensing and Agreements, CJ’s and AO’s – Prepare, submit and manage export license applications (DSP-5, DSP-73, DSP-61, TAA, MLA, etc.), plus license and agreements management, both Department of State and Department of Commerce.
- Prepare and submit requests for Commodity Jurisdictions, advisory opinions and general correspondence.
- Empowered Official – As assigned by the TC Director, serve as an AV Empowered Official for Export Licensing and Compliance matters.
- Ensure that AV is fully compliant with all Trade Compliance Laws and Regulations. Maintain currency of Laws and Regs.
- Product Classifications – Assist in maintaining accurate product Export and Import classifications, ECCN, ITAR category, HTS and Sched B codes, etc., and maintenance of a current and robust database of all product Export and Import classifications.
- Outside TC Consultants - Work with outside Trade Compliance consultants and legal counsel as directed by the TC Director.
- Document retention – Maintain excellent Trade Compliance records in full compliance with USG Export Regulations.
- Attend and participate in the AV Export Compliance Council monthly meetings.
- Shipping & Receiving – Maintain an active role on all Export shipments. Develop a close and active working relationship with the shipping department and its personnel, to prevent Export violations. Ensure that all Imports are properly handled.
- Export Compliance Training – Participation in Export Training curriculum development, curriculum presentation, maintenance of company training logs.
- International visitors and travelers policies and control.
- Procedures and auditing – Maintain TC processes and procedures. Train company employees. Audit compliance to the company procedures.
- Continuous Improvements – Identify improvement opportunities and problems, then provide guidance to AV Sr. management for solutions. Implement solutions when approved by Sr. management, and report on progress.
- International Business Development and Program Management Support – Provide expert guidance to the Int’l BD and PM organizations in their pursuits of capturing and performing on new business for AV. Active participation in gated proposal process reviews during all 6 stages. This also includes coordination necessary for Trade Show and Demo support. Conduct contract review for trade compliance requirements.
Required Qualifications & Background:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, International Trade, Law or related field, or equivalent is required
- Minimum of six (6) years of overall export administration experience with an aerospace firm, defense contractor or government entity.
- Must have expert understanding of D-TRADE and SNAPR Systems, and license applications
- Expert knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), US Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and applicable International regs, with the ability to understand, interpret and communicate compliance-related language.
- Experience in dealing with entities such as embassies and consulates, and international brokers / freight forwarders. Knowledge of trade laws outside the U.S.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Experienced in working with outside Trade Compliance consultants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with direct involvement in writing and implementing trade compliance policies and procedures, Technical Assistance Agreements, Warehouse Distribution Agreements and Manufacturing License Agreements.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills, with MS Office Applications: Word, Excel, PPT.