United Launch Alliance (ULA)
TO APPLY: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25628&siteid=5080&PageType=searchResults&SearchType=li#jobDetails=1339264_5080#jobDetails=1339264_5080
Job Title: Global Trade Operations Specialist 4
Functional Job Description: Safety to Self and Others: Must be able to perform all assigned tasks in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to repetitive motion injuries due to keyboarding or to cuts and bruises due to typical office accidents. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use computer and office equipment and to use hands to type, manipulate, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close –vision and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises. Mental Functions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate verbally and in writing and use interpersonal skills. The employee is regularly required to prioritize, multitask, analyze, interpret, coordinate, compile, evaluate, synthesize, compute, problem solve, concentrate, and think critically. The employee is occasionally required to copy, instruct, and negotiate. Judgment and Decision-Making: Work is regularly assigned by self, supervisor, and departmental staff. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to exercise prudent judgment, decision making, and analytical skills to determine manner and operational steps necessary to properly handle inquiries and perform daily tasks within professional standards. Decision making is guided by ULA policies and procedures. All tasks described in the job description must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The duties and responsibilities listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of fundamental job duties and responsibilities does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information.)
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster (English | Spanish ).
Provide trade controls operations support to ensure compliance with USG export/import laws and regulations.
In this position, the selected candidate will have the following required skills:
- A strong work ethic, is detail-oriented, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet critical deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of USG export regulations, including but not limited to, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and the ability to apply these regulations in making export/import determinations.
- Proficiency in classifying hardware and data using the USG’s Order of Review process, and documenting the rationale for such determinations.
- Ability to determine export/import licensing requirements or the applicability of USG license exemptions/exceptions.
- Experience in making technical data determinations, and reviewing and approving proposed exports against applicable authorizations.
- Ability to provide guidance and rules of engagement for international business travel and meetings with foreign persons, including foreign person access to ULA facilities.
- Experience in providing enterprise training to ensure compliance with USG export/import authorizations and applicable internal control plans.
- Experience in reviewing detailed technical papers, presentations and photographs for public release approval.
- Ability to obtain and manage export records in accordance with applicable USG regulations.
External Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in developing and drafting State Department export licenses, Technical Assistance Agreements, and export/import authorization requests to other USG agencies.
- Experience with ITAR-controlled hardware shipments, US Customs clearance, and generating required Customs documentation.
- Prior experience in the space launch business is preferred, but not required.
External Additional Requirements:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 6-10 years of experience.
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Problems are frequently unique and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions.
- Viewed as an expert in the field within the organization. Possibly an emerging authority in the company.
- Participates in the development of organizational policies. Guides the successful completion of major projects. May serve as a consultant to management for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.