SIA Job Board
The Job postings are provided by industry so please contact to the POC of the specific job posting for information.
Req Number: R883 Posted 5/19/22
Job Title: Case Assistant
Work Location: Washington, DC
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,100 attorneys in 16 offices: 11 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
The National Security Case Assistant provides substantive organizational, factual, research, analytical, and case management support to the National Security practice group. The Case Assistant works closely with attorneys specializing in Export Controls, Sanctions, and Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) matters, and ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website here. Equal Opportunity Employer.
The firm requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and new hires will be required to upload proof of vaccination prior to their start date. At the current time, in accordance with CDC guidance, individuals are considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after completing the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or two weeks after receiving a single dose of a one-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). If the CDC or local health authorities for our office locations amend their definition of “fully vaccinated” to include vaccine boosters, the firm will do the same. Individuals who wish to be considered for an accommodation on religious or medical grounds, or as allowed by applicable law, may do so by contacting the firm’s Human Resources department.
Req #: 560383BR POSTED 5/10/2022
Job Title: Kyndryl - Trade Compliance Executive
Work Location: Remote
Responsible for facilitating Kyndryl business by developing, implementing, and overseeing the maintenance of internal export/import controls to ensure compliance with U.S. government export/import regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations, Economic Embargo Regulations, Anti-boycott, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
Apply for job here: https://tinyurl.com/4p33wjns
REQ 2022-18988 POSTED 5/6/2022
Job Title: Consolidated Business Unit (CBU) Export Compliance Lead
Work Location: San Diego, CA
Teledyne Marine is a group of leading-edge subsea technology companies that are part of Teledyne Technologies Incorporated. Through acquisitions and collaboration over the past ten years, Teledyne Marine has evolved into an industry powerhouse, bringing Imaging, Instruments, Interconnect, Seismic, and Vehicle technology together to provide total solutions to our customers. Each Teledyne Marine company is a leader in its respective field, with a shared commitment to providing premium products backed by unparalleled service and support.
This position will be responsible for ensuring compliance is being maintained, monitored and assessed throughout the Consolidated Business Unit (“CBU”), which includes oversight for all export compliance administrators assigned at the individual Strategic Business Unit (“SBU”) level. The CBU Export Compliance Lead will ensure that the trade compliance activities for the CBU and each of its constituent business units are performed in a professional, efficient, and effective manner following good business practices and in strict compliance with all applicable Corporate and company policies, procedures, and processes, and applicable laws and regulations.
The CBU Export Compliance Lead will be responsible for the supervision, training, and development of export compliance personnel within all SBU’s. The CBU Lead will also serve as the primary point of contact with Corporate International Trade Compliance (“CITC”) Office on complex and significant trade compliance matters within the CBU and will assist the Corporate Senior Director-International Trade Compliance in identifying and executing various Corporate-sponsored initiatives and projects. The CBU Lead will support the CBU by supporting and contributing to the strategic development of the CBU by building and proactively managing a strong trade compliance program.
The role demands exceptional communication and collaboration skills, and strong trade compliance expertise. The CBU Lead will be a full-time position with a dual reporting relationship to CBU Management and the CITC Office. These reporting relationships will include participation in setting annual goals, setting compliance priorities, participating in the performance and merit review determinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Export Compliance & Security Specialist IV Posted 5/6/2022
Export Compliance & Facility Security Specialist (Remote or Fremont, CA)
As the Specialist responsible for International Trade Compliance and Facility Security, you will serve as the resident expert and primary analyst for TCI International Inc.’s international trade compliance activities and security within the company’s United States and international CommTech locations, and with the U.S. government. Responsibilities will include ensuring TCI compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) and providing leadership and oversight for TCI’s compliance with the National Industrial Security Program (NISP).
You will report to TCI’s Sr. Manager for Export Compliance, Contracts, and Security and will support the implementation and continuation of TCI’s robust export compliance program. This includes close coordination with cross-functional colleagues within TCI and the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Commerce, and U.S. Department of Defense. In addition, you will support TCI International’s responsibilities under the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM). Additional responsibilities for this position are described below:
80% of your responsibilities will focus on Trade Compliance, which include the following:
The remaining 20% of your role focuses on NISPOM compliance:• Serve as the TCI International Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO)
Education & Training Requirements:
Experience Requirements:• A minimum of six (6) years demonstrated experience in export/import compliance/licensing or security program management
Other Requirements:• Must have or be able to obtain U.S. security clearance.
Due to the nature of work performed in this role, U.S. Citizenship is required
Safran USA, Inc. POSTED 4/28/2022
Req # 2022-103824
Job Title: Senior Counsel, Global Trade & Compliance
Work Location: Irving, TX or remote
The Senior Counsel, Global Trade and Compliance advises Safran USA and affiliates on strategic and daily export and import compliance requirements, anticorruption, and related legal issues. This includes the EAR, ITAR, FTR, OFAC, and CBP regulations. Will advise affiliate companies on managing export transactions and developing duty avoidance strategies. Engages purchasing, finance, human resources, and other functions to strategically integrate export, import, and anticorruption compliance into the achievement of Safran business objectives. Engages US Departments of Commerce, Homeland Security, State and Treasury to address and resolve regulatory issues as necessary. Oversees Safran USA's annual export-import compliance training provided to US affiliates. Has one direct report: Export-Import Compliance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Investigate, research, and provide legal guidance on corporate and strategic transactions, including acquisitions, contracts, and other issues and circumstances which may arise in the company's day-to-day business activities.
• Advise on SUSA and affiliate company daily import transactions, engaging personnel in multiple functions to build support for compliance objectives while advancing business processes. This is a hands-on role.
• Maintains expertise in federal regulatory areas including U.S. export controls, U.S., Mexico, Canada and EU customs and administration, trade agreements, and tariffs.
• Designs and administers corporate desk-level procedures and training.
• Working with the Export-Import Compliance Manager, assists companies in identifying regulatory changes, export classification determinations, sanctioned end users, export license determinations, application and administration.
• Assists companies in import classification, valuation, country of origin determinations, anti-dumping, reconciliation, recordkeeping, post-entry audits, and related activities.
• Working with the Export-Import Compliance Manager, designs, conducts, and implements export and import audits to assess compliance.
• As necessary, assists companies in drafting voluntary disclosures and prior disclosures involving US and foreign affiliates
• Ensures charitable operations and donations are managed in accordance with Group procedures
• Demonstrates strong judgment, initiative, discretion, creativity and strategic thinking.
• Recognizes issues and stakeholders impacted by compliance requirements.
• Oversees outside counsel on export and import compliance matters.
• Strong knowledge of the EAR, ITAR, FTR, OFAC and CBP regulations. Knowledge of the FCPA a plus.
• Ability to take the complex and make it simple.
• Prior experience with “hands-on” completion of EAR, ITAR and OFAC export license applications and Technical Assistance Agreements utilizing online agency application systems.
• Experience vetting ownership and bona fides of companies potentially subject to OFAC sanctions (e.g., Russia) and EAR sanctions (MEU Rule).
• Hands-on export classification experience (preferably in the manufacturing environment); ability to administer and review SUSA Export Product Classification Questionnaires.
• Ability to determine EAR and ITAR jurisdiction applying proper legal principles.
• Ability to design 1-4 day annual export – import conferences on current subject matter.
• Effective teaching ability to include audiences at all levels of regulatory expertise.
• Familiarity with and strong interest in US foreign and export control policy, particularly with regard to sanctioned nations.
• Seven or more years of combined US Government, corporate, and law firm experience in the practice of US export controls, import compliance, and sanction laws.
• Law degree from an accredited law school required.
• Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
• Ability to speak French a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and similar software applications.
Specificity of the job
Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Contact Information to Apply
Req: REF510A POSTED 4/27/2022
Company: Elbit Systems of America
Job Title: Trade Compliance Manager
Location: Merrimack, NH / Fort Worth, TX / Talladega, AL / Roanoke, VA
Security Clearance: Secret
Lead and manage Elbit America’s Export Classification Program. Own the company’s product classification process, serving as the chief ITAR and EAR classification subject matter expert, providing advice and guidance across the organization.
POC: Alicia Cooper
Req: 80398BR POSTED 4/26/22
Job Title: Import/ Export Administrator
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Security Clearance: Secret
Senior level individual responsible for the preparation and management of license applications and agreements for the export of technical data, hardware, and services in accordance with company policy and U.S. Government export regulations and laws. Identifies, investigates and analyzes potential licensing opportunities to achieve growth and financial profitability, in accordance with company objectives and strategic plans.
· Prepare, submit, and administer export licenses, Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA), Commerce licenses, validate and implement ITAR and FTR exemptions and EAR exceptions, miscellaneous correspondence to the Department of State and Department of Commerce, review shipments and import certificates. Primary USML categories include VIII, XI, and XII; ECCN categories 3 and 6.
· Serves as an “Empowered Official” per the ITAR to provide required certifications to the U.S. State Department Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). Review and sign authorizations and transactions prepared by and in coordination with other International Trade Compliance personnel.
· Determine accurate Product ECCN/USML classifications for products through analysis of the regulations and coordination with program personnel; knowledge and experience with products and technologies affected by export control reform.
· Ability to independently interpret, analyze and implement ITAR and EAR regulations
· Manage large and complex export authorizations related to significant programs.
· Ability to independently influence across functions and able to confidently interact with senior leaders in the business, BAE Systems Inc. Licensing and Compliance and support meetings with the US Government.
· Liaise with other personnel/departments to ensure proper authorizations are in place to support business activities and ensure that licenses, agreements, and other approvals match business requirements. This includes adherence to scope and provisos/conditions (restrictions) stipulated on license authorizations.
· Review and approve international shipments (exports and imports) in coordination with the Traffic/Shipping Department and provide guidance to ensure shipments are in compliance with licenses and regulations (e.g shipping records, Fair Market invoices, etc.).
· Review proposals, contracts and/or purchase orders and participates in technical programmatic discussion/meetings for business area programs, technologies, and product lines
· Conduct export training to new employees, current employees, providing customized content for specific audiences and special programs.
· Enter and manage export authorization submissions in the Company Export Management System (EMS). Maintain export related record keeping functions as required by company policy and law
· Work is performed without appreciable direction. Takes accountability for decisions.
· Strong organizational skills with demonstrated experience managing multiple deadlines supporting regulatory requirements and business objectives
· Able to lead an audit without a manager present. Accountable for the preparation, results and corrective actions
· Able to investigate possible matters of interest, draft disclosures, determine Root Cause Analysis related to complex Voluntary Self Disclosures
· Able to coach and mentor junior level International Trade Compliance personnel
· Participation in cross-sector, cross-function, intra-business working groups and projects as assigned and needed. May be required to take on special projects as assigned.
· Provide back-up to other team members and business areas as needed.
This position can be located in Fort Worth, TX, Fort Walton Beach, FL, or Roy, UT.
Job Title Import Export Anst Prin
Postal Code 76107
Job Family Import & Export
Travel Percentage 10%
Clearance Level – Must be able to obtain for position Secret
Shift 1st Shift
Regular or Temporary Regular
Typical Education and Experience Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
· Requires a Bachelor's Degree and eight (8) years of experience OR equivalent related work experience
· Must be eligible for DOD Secret Clearance; an Active DOD Secret Clearance is preferred
· Requires advanced working knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to be able to research, analyze and interpret U.S. and Non-U.S. international trade regulations and laws (including ITAR, MTCR, EAR, OFAC, Customs) and in determining their effect on operations.
· ITAR agreements experience required – complete lifecycle of an agreement from creation to termination.
· Experienced in exports of defense services, technical data, deemed exports.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to interpret, understand and provide guidance to internal stakeholders on complex regulatory documents and applicable laws and regulations
· Strong organizational skills with demonstrated experience managing multiple deadlines supporting regulatory requirements and business objectives
· Ability to influence across functions and interact with individual at all levels
· Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy required
· Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Must be flexible in balancing independent work AND teamwork and support
· Must be able to prioritize, plan and analyze and execute multiple complex activities
· Required to oversee, visit and audit other offices within their business area
· May be assigned other duties and responsibilities to support other businesses and activities within the department
· Travel may be required
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
EEO Career Site
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Department 0BEBB0_Export Compliance
Company TST_BAE Systems Tech Sols&Svcs Inc
Posting Requirements Internal/External
Job Category Other Professionals
Recruiter Holly McGurk
ITAR: U.S. Citizen or Green Card Required Yes
Business Area IS Staff
Physical location of the job Hybrid
Number: T: 301.862.9374 | M: 240.298.0520Email: firstname.lastname@example.org