SIA Job Board
The Job postings are provided by industry so please contact to the POC of the specific job posting for information.
Senior Manager, International Trade Compliance Posted 10/25/21
Company: Wärtsilä Defense Inc. (WDI)
Remote considered - Chesapeake, VA / Poulsbo, WA / San Diego, CA
Security Clearance: Have or ability to obtain a Secret clearance
Wärtsilä in Brief:
For more than 35 years, Wärtsilä Defense, Inc. (WDI) has supplied innovative maritime systems, parts and services to the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard. With locations in Chesapeake, Virginia, Poulsbo, Washington, and Chula Vista, California, along with Wärtsilä’s global network of affiliates, WDI delivers and services a wide range of naval navigational and steering systems, shaft line components, seals and bearings, water jets, engines, and unmanned solutions. We are the primary supplier of shaft seals to nearly all surface fleet vessels in America’s maritime services, and the exclusive provider of U.S. Navy’s submarine shaft seals. Our superior water jet propulsion systems power the Navy’s littoral ship-building programs. WDI is constantly seeking cutting-edge solutions to provide America with a superior advantage at sea in today’s era of Great Power Competition.
Wärtsilä Defense Inc. is seeking an International Trade Compliance Senior Manager, with experience in US import/export laws and Customs regulations.
Education and Experience:
Chesapeake, VA / Poulsbo, WA / San Diego, CA / Remote (USA) can be considered
As a condition of employment, all WDI employees are required to submit proof that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 8, 2021, subject only to such exceptions as required by law.
Wärtsilä Defense, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity Employer; M/F/Disability/Veteran.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Wärtsilä Defense Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation, an applicant may contact our HR Department at, 757-966-5425, or send an email to HR@wartsiladefense.com.
WDI HR Department
Senior Export Compliance Analyst Posted 10/23/21
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Responsible for supporting Global Trade Compliance by working closely with various teams to ensure Cubic’s international growth objectives are met while ensuring compliance with applicable trade regulations. Responsible for export authorizations under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR) for the export control support of Cubic in the United States.
This role will work across Cubic businesses and corporate functions to implement and support strategic and compliance initiatives. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Requirements:
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Duties, responsibilities, and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Digital Recruitment Specialist | Center of Branding & Strategy
IBM Talent Acquisition OptimizationE-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Req #: R0014984 POSTED 10/20/21
Job Title: International Trade Compliance Licensing Manager I
Work Location: Centennial, CO
Security Clearance: Secret
Are you looking to use your international trade knowledge and leadership skills in an industry that supports and protects explorers and heroes? We could use your expertise on our team! As an International Trade Compliance Manager I, you'll be using your skills and expertise to develop and manage our comprehensive international export and import compliance program, ensuring conformity with US trade regulations, overseeing management of export and import authorizations, and facilitating technology release initiatives. You'll work with internal stakeholders and build key relationships with appropriate government regulatory agencies as you facilitate compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the Arms Export Control Act (AECA), the Export Controls Act (ECA), US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), US Customs regulations and relevant foreign customs regulations.
· Able to effectively and clearly communicate complex regulatory requirements and solutions
· Practical understanding of export control and international trade concepts to include ITAR, EAR, FTR, FCPA, & OFAC
· Understanding of Customs processes and associated compliance requirements
· Bachelor's degree in a related field of study
o Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
· An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
· Typically, 2-4 years of relevant experience
• Higher education may substitute for relevant experience
· Familiar with OCR EASE, DTRADE/DECCS, SNAP-R, Customs ACE
· Prior experience as an Empowered Official
Number: +1 303-885-9083
Job Title: Export and Import Licensing and Compliance Manager Posted 10/12/21
Work Location: Washington, DC
Security Clearance: Secret
This position is responsible for providing expert experienced specialist support with respect to all aspects of Export and Import Licensing, International Trade Controls, and Compliance to Meta’s central in-house Legal team, which comprises a General Counsel (based in the UK), a Head of Compliance (based in the US), and two senior generalist legal counsel, one each based in the UK and US. The Legal team provides and oversees a diverse range of legal functions and services for the Meta enterprise globally, ranging from administration of corporate actions to large-scale mergers and acquisitions. Meta currently operates in the US, UK, Ireland, Sweden, Poland, and Singapore.
Meta Aerospace is a US-based information-age aerospace, defense, and security platform, offering solutions for the US Government as well as “NATO-and-friends” customers, across several domains and a wide variety of missions. The Meta enterprise currently has businesses operating in the ISR; air-to-air refuelling; logistics; defense electronics; satellite; defense simulations; maintenance, repair, and overhaul; and tactical helicopter training, operational planning, and support services sectors.
Export Licensing and Compliance Manager Responsibilities:
This position requires successful management of a broad range of export licensing and compliance responsibilities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. The person in this position will, among other duties:
This position also requires participation in the continuing development of related best practice within Meta, including:
Knowledge, skills, experience, and traits required
Olivia Williams, Talent Manager
Apply for Export and Import Licensing and Compliance Manager using the link below:
Customs Specialist at OneWeb POSTED:9/29/21
With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
Who You Are: You’re a Customs regulatory compliance whiz, especially when it comes to domestic and foreign customs regulations and processes. You’re agile and love the nitty gritty. You read, learn, examine, and are full of ideas. You’re sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You run technical discussions, gain consensus, report results, and crush deadlines. You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in Space.
What You’ll Do:
What It Takes:
What We’d Love:
Where You’ll Be: Mclean, VA
OneWeb is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G. Find out more at http://www.oneweb.world
How To Apply: Please apply via our website. Here is a link to the role on our careers page Careers Opportunities | OneWeb
International Licensing Analyst Posted 9/22/21
https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/job/littleton/international-licensing-analyst/694/12600318304 The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
The International Trade Compliance organization has an exciting opportunity for an International Licensing Analyst in Littleton, CO.
In this dynamic role you will:
- Function as an import/export authority for Denver-based programs and operations, providing analyses of governmental import/export regulations (ITAR/EAR), laws and requirements and interpretation with specific or general reference pertaining to the Space business.
- Provide real-time export and technology transfer guidance to operational programs reporting up through Space's Denver campuses.
- Identify program specific import/export requirements, obtain detailed information from business development, customer support, procurement and contracting related to spacecraft programs and components in order to prepare and submit required import/export licenses and agreements - Develop licenses/agreements and provide program-specific guidance and procedures assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Provide import/export training for program management and personnel.
- Ensure technical specifications, documents and technology to be exported to foreign parties satisfies license requirements, protects intellectual and proprietary rights, and is disclosed in accordance with company export procedures and processes and under the authority of appropriate MLAs, TAAs and licenses.
- Lead, motivate, mentor and train spacecraft program personnel responsible for international activities through effective communication and teamwork.
- Support internal and corporate assessments and audits of import/export activities, and assure proper reporting of results.
- Facilitate implementation of audit findings of import/export activities to correct any shortcomings. - Analyze and identify compliance training requirements based on unique program areas and specific import/export needs and develop tailored training programs for individuals or groups to ensure continuous awareness of import/export compliance requirements.
- Work with team to implement training program and process technical data for export to foreign customers and clients.
Candidate will typically have a Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years or experience or a Master's Degree and 4+ years of experience.
Please note this position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph. U.S. Citizenship required.
Tracie Papantones +1 720 360 7423
Req #: 210000HY Posted 9/22/2021
Job Title: Trade Compliance Classification Specialist (Analyst)
Work Location: Greater Charlotte Metropolitan Area (Rock Hill, SC)
3D Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Trade Compliance Classification Specialist (Analyst) to join our team! The Trade Compliance Classification Specialist will manage our export/import classification efforts, such as, assigning the export controls jurisdiction determinations, U.S. Munitions List (USML) classification, Export Control Classification Number (ECCN), Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS). Further work with our team in EU to support the similar classification efforts.
What You'll Be Doing:
● This position supports efforts at 3D Systems to assign jurisdiction and import-export classification to goods and technologies, including Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) codes, U.S. Munition List number (USML) and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN).
● Serves as the lead in item and data export classification (i.e., Commodity Jurisdiction and Commodity Classification submissions, HTS Codes/Schedule B). Interfaces closely with engineering and other key stakeholders to understand business and technical requirements to assure appropriate classifications.
● Learn 3D Systems products, technical data/technology, and software.
● Ensure compliance with applicable regional, local, and import/export control laws and regulations concerning the movement of goods and services across borders, to protect 3D Systems from fines, penalties and publicity resulting from violations.
● Provides technical expertise for compliance initiatives relating to the protection of technology and technical data with a primary focus on export classification.
● Acts as a liaison among several internal groups across 3D systems businesses such as stakeholders, including engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing, to obtain the information required to assign accurate classifications, while maintaining organized records of such supporting information.
● Develop classification decision rationale, heuristics and methodology for various product types to improve efficiency in classification while maintaining accuracy.
● Assist with responses to government inquiries and/or requests, such as CF-28/29s, relating to HTS classifications.
● Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures relating to classification.
● Assist, monitor with Corrective Actions (CA) related to classifications.
● Assist with reporting on internal business assessments regarding trade control procedures, including monitor of resulting action items.
● Support integration of M&A.
● Support related compliance audit efforts for import/export for international operations with a focus in classifications.
● Export Compliance Training – Participates in Export Training curriculum development, curriculum presentation, maintenance of company training logs as it relates to jurisdiction and classification.
● Oversee proper record keeping in accordance with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other non-US government regulations.
What We're Looking for:
● Preferred minimum of 4-year degree or related export compliance analyst and/or technician experience
● Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with ITAR and/or EAR
● Strong analytical and attention to detail
● Understanding of the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR), The International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and relevant classifications
● Experience applying classification (i.e., ECCN, USML, HTS codes)
● Must be able to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders
● Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required
● Must have high work and ethical standards
● Must be eager to learn about Global Trade Compliance and be a team player!
● A successful candidate for this position will be a U.S. Person.
Contact: Tanya Plascencia @ Tanya.Plascencia@3Dsystems.com
+1 803 970 9755
Req #: R0000073845 Posted 9/22/21
Job Title: Corporate Counsel, Trade and Compliance
Work location: Peoria, IL; Deerfield, IL; Washington, DC
Security Clearance: None
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Caterpillar is seeking an experienced international trade and compliance attorney to join its growing legal trade team. The successful candidate will provide legal support and analysis on a wide variety of global trade and complex compliance matters with a focus on U.S. regulations, including export controls, customs, government reporting, antiboycott compliance and sanctions.
The position requires significant interaction with senior leadership legal professionals as well as senior executive and management leadership at Caterpillar. Candidates must have a demonstrated record of interpreting, communicating, and applying the substance of complex export and customs regulations and translating them into appropriate risk management advice and related operational processes.
The position is an exciting opportunity for an international trade attorney that seeks a challenging and rewarding diverse environment with an organization with consistent financial performance and historical significance. Caterpillar offers solutions that help our customers build a better world!
· J.D. required and licensed to practice law in at least one state
· 5+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience
· Demonstrated human relations and communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
· Experience in a large law firm or multi-national corporate law department advising on trade and compliance issues
· Preferred location: Peoria, IL
· Additional locations: Deerfield, IL or Washington, DC
· Relocation is offered
· 10% of travel is expected
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
Contact Info: Please apply at: https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers/job/IL-Country-of-United-States/Corporate-Counsel--Trade-and-Compliance---Peoria--IL--Deerfield--IL--Washington--DC_R0000073845-1