Do you love helping customers solve their problems? Do you relish leading cross-functional teams in a dynamic, high-achieving workplace? Do you freak out about electronics and software gadgets? If so, then we want you on our team!
Who We Are:
Korry Electronics has been a trusted name in human-machine interface (HMI) solutions for 80 years. We created the first lighted cockpit controls for the developing military and commercial aircraft industry. The Korry product team continues this tradition as it develops the crew station of the future, providing state-of-the-art switches, cockpit controls, high-performance displays, and night-vision filters. We are passionate about what we do. Join the Korry team and find out why this is such a great place to spend your career!
What You Will Do:
As our Trade Compliance Manager is you will be responsible for a subsidiary’s export and import compliance programs and hold subsidiary policy authority for trade compliance. You’ll review and approving export/import license or permit applications, advise the general manager and senior staff about trade compliance issues, provide trade compliance oversight, and work with all departments to be sure they have implemented effective compliance internal controls into their procedures and work instructions.
- Use your independent authority to inquire into any aspect of a proposed export or import, verify its legality and the accuracy of the information, and stop any subsidiary transaction.
- Advise the general manager and senior staff about trade compliance aspects and the risks of proposed business decisions
- Provide trade compliance training
- Analyze and interpret export and import regulations and maintain up to date knowledge of any changes
- Review trade compliance internal controls (procedures, work instructions, forms, checklists, and tools) with department managers to make sure they are current and compliant
- Work pro-actively with departments to prevent trade disruptions
- Oversee trade compliance administrators and/or specialists on a dotted line basis
- Monitor compliance activities and the effectiveness of our internal controls
- Prepare, review, approve, and submit applications for export/import licenses, permits, and other requests for authorization
- Prepare, review and approve technology control plans, and provide technology transfer oversight (including visits and travel)
- Analyze transactions for which due diligence indicates a potential risk, and determine whether due diligence has been completely satisfied
- Analyze contracts and identify any trade compliance issues
- Produce and analyze reports from various ERP/MRP and other information systems
- Transact records in trade compliance information systems
- Oversee calculations for preferential treatment under Free Trade Agreements
- Prepare and verify export shipping documentation for ad-hoc and other non-routine shipments
- Oversee relationships with freight forwarders and customs brokers
What You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, law, engineering, or a related areaAt least seven years of business experience
- At least five years of experience in the Aerospace & Defense sector
- At least five years of experience with export and/or import regulatory compliance
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) information systems
- Experience with international business transactions and shipping documents
- Experience with trade compliance information systems
- Familiarity with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) including anti-boycott regulations, sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customs Regulations (CR), and the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR)]
- Strong computer skills including the ability to research transactions and prepare reports in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) information systems, perform spreadsheet calculations, and quickly learn new software tools
- Project leadership skills
- Ability to work at both detail and strategic levels, work calmly under pressure and with frequent interruptions, and display sound judgment
- Ability to prepare or revise procedures, work instructions, forms, and business flowcharts
- Ability to prepare and review complex business documents
- Thoroughly familiar with international shipping documents such as commercial invoice, packing list, air waybill, and export license; including consignee information, INCOTERMS, harmonized tariff code and nomenclature, country of origin, customs value, export classification, and license data
Where We Work:
Our 216,000 square foot facility is located in Everett, Washington. Everett is a great place to live and work - just 30 miles north of Seattle, this thriving community is an aerospace hub. The city, and nearby cities of Mukilteo and Snohomish, offer excellent public schools, fabulous parks, beaches and marinas, and safe streets. You can dip your toes in salt water and ski down a mountain all in the same day. Nature is truly right outside your door.
Why You Should Apply:
Korry employees enjoy a great medical/dental/vision plan
We offer a pension AND a 401(K) match. Yep, you read that right!
Our onsite gym offers individual and group fitness activities
Freely collaborative environment
Work with long tenured subject matter experts. Many of our employees have worked here for over 20 years
We believe in work/life balance. No trade-offs here, you can build great career while you enjoy a wonderful personal life
Apply Today! | Company Website: www.esterline.com