Company: SRI International
Job Title: Trade Compliance Analyst
TO APPLY: http://www.sri.com/careers, job number 1626BR
General Job Description: We have an immediate opening for a Trade Compliance Analyst to join our Legal team.
- Provide guidance on export and import issues, listen and team well with internal and external clients, develop solutions, and resolve issues to support business objectives and ensure compliance with applicable laws and internal policies;
- Preparing, submitting, administering exemptions and authorizations, including ITAR Technical Assistance Agreements and licenses, for submission to either the State Department or Commerce Department;
- Perform jurisdiction/classification determinations (USML/ECCN/HTS);
- Attend continuing education seminars and perform research on U.S. Government policies, regulations, export procedures, Federal Register notices and Export Control Reform, and serve as a subject matter expert on U.S. export regulations, such as the ITAR, EAR, and OFAC;
- Serve as a resource for shipping requests, and work with international transportation/logistics personnel to resolve classification, valuation, and origin issues, liaising with customs brokers and freight forwarders;
- Utilize internal policies regarding international travel and non-U.S. visitors to ensure regulatory compliance;
- Organize and maintain regulatory-required records and documents in easily searchable formats;
- Contribute to improvements to ensure an effective, centralized export/import compliance program.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2-4 years of experience with export licensing and compliance with U.S. export and import laws and regulations, including the ITAR and EAR;
- U.S. Citizenship required;
- Ability to listen and communicate well across various business functions and be analytical, pragmatic and handle a high-volume workload;
- Excellent interpersonal, technical reading and English writing skills;
- Knowledge of customs regulations, procedures and processes;
- Experience with public and private sector requests for proposals, contracts, subcontracts;
- Knowledge of foreign country and regional export issues a plus;
- Strong MS Office experience (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web-based tools.
Employment at SRI is contingent on successful completion of a background check.
SRI International, a research center headquartered in Menlo Park, California, creates world-changing solutions to make people safer, healthier, and more productive.
How to apply:
Apply via our web page: http://www.sri.com/careers to job number 1626BR.
SRI International is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.