Company: Raytheon Company
TO APPLY: EXPORT LICENSE AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER
Job Title: Export License and Compliance Manager
General Job Description: This position can be either an Export License and Compliance Manager I (G10) or Export License and Compliance Manager II (G11) role based on the successful candidate's education and experience.
Raytheon’s Global Trade organization in the Office of General Counsel is seeking a Licensing Manager. Reporting to the Senior Licensing Manager (Rosslyn, VA) this position supports the Global Trade Licensing office and is responsible for providing guidance to Raytheon Business Unit Global Trade Licensing offices in connection with all facets of export/import licensing to include ITAR, EAR, Agreements, Licenses, Exemptions and exceptions, Guidelines, Congressional Notification, Part 130, Dual/Third Country Nationals, Sublicensing, Valuation, Post approval Documentation, DTrade, etc.
This position occupies an advisory role representing one of Raytheon’s business units and involves the proper structuring and drafting of export agreements and licenses. As such, the ideal candidate will have experience in drafting, advising with respect to, and obtaining agreements and licenses for the sale or provision of controlled hardware, technical data, and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generation, review, and management of ITAR and BIS licenses, TAAs and MLAs
- Strategic and tactical export advice to businesses
- Conduct briefings and technical meetings
- Attends meetings as required with USG personnel to socialize upcoming license submissions and to resolve export licensing issues.
- Reviews draft export license applications and provides guidance to ensure consistency with internal policies, procedures, templates, and USG regulations.
- Assist with technology release issues associated with licenses or agreements
- The implementation of Export-Import tools and testing processes designed to monitor operational health
- Assists and supports the development, implementation, enhancement and maintenance of the GT policies, Guidelines and Templates.
- Serves as a liaison between business unit program and export licensing personnel and U.S. Government license reviewers.
- Duties include serving as a backup to other GT Licensing Managers as needed.
Minimum of 8 years of relative experience (Contracts, Supply Chain, Export Licensing, Compliance or Legal experience)
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to provide advice and consultation on Export-Import Licensing and Compliance matters
- Must be able to obtain national security clearance
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Export-Import and Global Trade tools and programs including D-Trade, SNAP-R, and OCR Ease.
This position will be located in Rosslyn, Virginia.
- Previous experience working in the defense industry
- Currently or previously designated an EO
- Proven success working with Government Agencies (DDTC, DTSA, Commerce/BIS)
- US Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Preferred knowledge of CBP and ATF
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills and the ability to learn quickly, work independently with minimal supervision, manage and prioritize multiple tasks and lead intermediate projects and investigations in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to engage business leaders to drive cross-functional implementation of new procedural solutions and work instructions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Proactive, well organized temperament with ability to effectively manage volume and prioritize accordingly
BS or BA degree in relevant field such as international business, law, criminal justice, engineering or other related area